Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekend Image Upload Scavenger Hunt

The following images are some of many that inspire me and keep me engaged/inspired. The order is no reflection of their rank vis a vis favoritism and the like....
Lisa Strausfeld of Pentagram

This technique of mapping intrigues me. It demonstrates The intricacies involved in everyday as well as the extraordinary situations we encounter. This type of visualization is extremely mathematical and multifaceted. I enjoy how clear, simple yet complicated these images are and can be. This type of art reminds me of some of Tad Savinar's art pieces. I would like to know exactly what plays into certain angles being at such degrees as well as the variance in the length of rays. What variable or attribute results in a point being in a certain position on the image? What would a person's daily routine or life look like if represented through this mapping/design technique? How long is the process to create such imagery? How long would this image take to create?




Sagmeister Inc.

I came upon this poster while hunting around. The poster was made using only one punctuation mark: the apostrophe. This reminds me of our current project (typography patterns). It would be interesting to see if it would be possible to make an object easily recognizable out of several letters of the same letter of the alphabet as well as font. Once an object has been created it could then be repeated in order to create a pattern effect. I like this picture due do its rigidity and use of lines. I also love that the trigger is in a bright yellow, creating a stark contrast against the gun. It seems like only some parts of the apostrophe are used in some areas in order to establish sharp corners. Perhaps the white lines within the gun were added later. Did they crop parts of the apostrophes in order to establish certain shapes to reach the desired object? I wonder how hard it would be to use these design parameters with other objects as well as different punctuation marks or letters.



Andreas Müller at Hahakid
This piece about memories caught my attention due to its creative use of space on a page. I find the artist's way of placing words in such a textural manner to be quite interesting. The lightness of the concept creates such movement in the words...they are blowing in the wind. I wonder exactly how the 3-dimensional space is achieved in such a program as Illustrator. I wonder if there is a tool in a program that exists that could establish perspective through opacity or percentage of brightness/darkness automatically given the dimensions and preferred angle at which the image is trying to be.



Taobot for the Omega Code Project
I have been interested in learning how to implement layering in this manner. I love the textures that are established. If you follow the link the other images that demonstrate this technique are quite appealing as well. I would like to learn how to manipulate layers in order to achieve thy type of imagery. The organic forms grow on the eyes, which is why I enjoy this piece. I read a couple tutorials on how to create such images and seemingly it takes hours to get to the end result. I wonder if there is a fast or faster way to use this technique. Is it really necessary to have such high numbers of layers? Is there a way to manipulate the base image to the final result or is it necessary to use multiple images?



Rebeliarts
It's pretty clear that I am inspired by images which incorporate a lot of digital layering and morphing of reality. I enjoy mixed media and the marrying of different elements and subjects. I'm all about multitasking and so are these types of graphic images. I feel that it enables the audience have even more of a choice in how to perceive-incorporate the work. Although I wouldn't really qualify this image as being one of my favorite, its purpose here is to illustrate the various techniques that were used in its creation. I wonder if this image is just a composite of various layers that were then laid upon one another without really taking into account the other layers or environment. Some of the layers seem to be separate from the focus of the image: the girl. I wonder if the mesh/vortex layer would look better if it took into account the girl, by for instance bending when it comes into contact with her and changes its angle. Would the image become more 3-dimensional? How would this picture look if it were in a grayscale?

No comments:

Post a Comment