Tuesday, April 14, 2009

First 5 Completed Tutorials

Vector Clouds using Gradient Mesh Tool
This is the tutorials image



I chose to do this tutorial since I love watching clouds. I find it interesting how many objects, characters or figures one can find in cloud formations. This tutorial was quite comprehensive and fun to complete.






The image to the left: my vectored clouds
The image to the right: Original cloud picture




The image to the left: Shows the gradient mesh that was used to manipulate the clouds.




Create a Super Happy Octopus Character
I chose to do this tutorial due to the name of the tutorial. There was just something extremely enticing about creating a super happy octopus character. This tutorial was quite difficult to execute in the end. It was difficult to manipulate the radials. For some reason as I was trying to angle out the radials at 20o the wouldn't turn! So frustrating! But I have to say my octopus looks cuter!
























Creating stick figures!!


I used this tutorial to help me figure out what would be the best technique to draw/use stick figures in Illustrator for project 2 (artist's postcards). Even though the tutorial is for photoshop, it shows what shapes to use to create the best looking stick figure. I ended up using rectangles for the most part to lend my figures some extra rigidness as Sagmeister seemed to have implemented a similar technique. Overall I would rate this tutorial as an 8...but probably a 10 if photoshop would have been in order. Here is a snap shot of some of the stick figures I created for my postcard.









Working with multiple artboards and setting it up:
I looked up this tutorial in order to figure out how to set up multiple art boards within a file. The tutorial was quite helpful. Since it was out of adobe livedocs it linked to other help guides that related to art boards. I used this tutorial while setting up my Ai document for the Sagmeister postcard. Since I was going to use the main form of my stick figure throughout all the cards it was best to keep them all within the same document. Here is a snapshot of my artboard.










Pen Tool Tutorial
This tutorial was referred to for project 3 (logos). I am doing the Coca-Cola logo. Even though there is a font similar to the one that is the font in the logo...it is different than the actual font used...thereby it is necessary to pentool out the letters off of the original logo in order to get a perfect replica. The tutorial is useful and helpful. It is easy to read through and then refer to during the process of working out the glitches while using the tool. Here are some snap shots of using the pen tool to achieve the coca-cola logo font.




No comments:

Post a Comment