Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Adobe Live Docs

Adobe live docs is a great feature to aid anyone's usage with adobe softwares. The online resource feature is better than having some heavy dictionary user guide that you rarely refer too and is overall a waste of paper. The great thing about having an online resource guide is that as the program prompts the user for software updates, the updates are also reflected online, thereby eradicating the need for a second volume or edition of a printed user guide. Having the user guide online saves time as well. All one needs to do is type in what they need and in one second multiple results are a click away...ranging from definitions, video tutorials, written tutorials with or without pictures and the like. Live docs resembles the help feature on most programs, yet the videos and step-by-step pictures are of greater assistance. This is due to the jargon that sometimes one might not be familiar with.
I first discovered live docs while I was in ART 200 a graphic design class. The teacher was assisting other students and I just needed to know how to properly place a a pull-quote. So I navigated to Help and sought out the online help resource. There I easily found how to use a pull-quote, instead of waiting for the teacher to be liberated! I have learned many other tricks and features of the adobe suite through adobe live docs. I will continue to refer back to it as I face questions in using the programs. While perusing through Illustrator's live docs I focused most of my search on giving illustrations a more organic-hand-drawn feel. The suer guide is very helpful and is in a PDF format. Therefore, it can easily be saved onto the desktop or printed. Overall, live docs is very user-friendly and provides quick help much like a dictionary or cook book.

No comments:

Post a Comment